Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- adjective: Eating and drinking in moderation.
- adjective: Characterized by abstinence or moderation: The hermit led an abstemious way of life.
Angliško žodžio naudojimo pavyzdys:
- Dowd has repeatedly mocked Obama's "abstemious" tastes and how these set him apart from the great, fat, American mainstream:
- Dowd has repeatedly mocked Obama's "abstemious" tastes and how these set him apart from the great, fat, American mains ...
- The second one, "abstemious" I more or less gleaned, also from context, but also because it's close to "abstain", which is near to what it means.
- No one need go far in search of proofs that this kind of abstemious living is not merely possible, but far less hurtful to health than excess.
- He insists it was an "abstemious" occasion, but warm beer was put in a bucket of ice and then Dr Calder knocked the bucket and one of the corks shot out and hit him in the eye, blinding it.
- a saikingas