Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
/tu:, tu, tə/
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- preposition: In a direction toward so as to reach: went to the city.
- preposition: Towards: turned to me.
- preposition: Reaching as far as: The ocean water was clear all the way to the bottom.
- preposition: To the extent or degree of: loved him to distraction.
- preposition: With the resultant condition of: nursed her back to health.
- preposition: Toward a given state: helping minority women to economic equality.
- preposition: In contact with; against: their faces pressed to the windows.
- preposition: In front of: stood face to face.
- preposition: Used to indicate appropriation or possession: looked for the top to the jar.
- preposition: Concerning; regarding: waiting for an answer to my letter.
- preposition: In a particular relationship with: The brook runs parallel to the road.
- preposition: As an accompaniment or a complement of: danced to the tune.
- preposition: Composing; constituting: two cups to a pint.
- preposition: In accord with: job responsibilities suited to her abilities.
- preposition: As compared with: a book superior to his others.
- preposition: Before: The time is ten to five.
- preposition: Up till; until: worked from nine to five.
- preposition: For the purpose of: went out to lunch.
- preposition: In honor of: a toast to the queen.
- preposition: Used before a verb to indicate the infinitive: I'd like to go.
- preposition: Used alone when the infinitive is understood: Go if you want to.
- preposition: Used to indicate the relationship of a verb with its complement: refer to a dictionary; refer me to a dictionary.
- preposition: Used with a reflexive pronoun to indicate exclusivity or separateness: had the plane to ourselves.
- adverb: In one direction; toward a person or thing: owls with feathers wrong end to.
- adverb: Into a shut or closed position: pushed the door to.
- adverb: Into a state of consciousness: The patient came to.
- adverb: Into a state of action or attentiveness: sat down for lunch and fell to.
- adverb: Nautical Into the wind.
- he went to the cinema jis nuėjo į kiną
- (atitinka liet. k. naudininko linksnį): a letter to a friend laiškas draugui
- this is nothing to what it might have been tai niekis palyginti su tuo
- (parodo kryptį) į