Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- adverb: By surprise: He was taken aback by her caustic remarks.
- adverb: Nautical In such a way that the wind pushes against the forward side of a sail or sails.
- adverb: Archaic Back; backward.
Angliško žodžio naudojimo pavyzdys:
- As I read your stories and especially your friends who so generously comment I am taken aback (is aback a word?) by the generous sharing of wisdom you receive from your friends at French-Word-A-Day.
- Hillary grew up in this culture, so yes she was taken "aback" by these comments; you, others, and obama being so shallow minded and dismissive of someones culture and values is ignorant. obama will never be President.
- The richness and elegance of the church took me all "aback;" it was so entirely different from anything I had seen, that it was difficult to decide whether I was most charmed by its novelty or its beauty.
- Options B and D are not correct as the word 'aback' means to get startled by something and does not means the same as the word 'back' which is used in the answer choices B and D.
- But then they see the finished works and it really takes them aback, which is great. "
to take aback netikėtai užklupti