Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: The state of being abashed; confusion from shame.
Angliško žodžio naudojimo pavyzdys:
- Hopefully, the $60 billion war funding bill that the Senate "easily passed" yesterday will serve as some some solace from their unimaginable abashment, and they somehow find the strength to show their face at their Memorial Day picnics.
- When, in the middle of the the first season, callow account exec Pete Campbell walks past striving-to-be-a-copywriter secretary Peggy Olson's desk without acknowledging her, Peggy's incremental comprehension of her powerlessness with this guy she's had sex with is documented in her face's shift from anticipation to abashment to acceptance.
- Said they, By Allah, O our brother, we longed sore for thee and naught withheld us but abashment because of what befell between us and thee; but indeed we have repented much.
- Whatever you may think of the Hebrew Scriptures as theology or history, they are certainly sound as psychology: far sounder, in fact, than we parochial moderns (who like to believe that the study of the human mind began only with Freud) can admit without considerable abashment.
- On her countenance there was visible neither abashment nor pride.
- n su(si)gėdinimas