Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- verb-transitive: To make shorter. See Synonyms at
- verb-transitive: To reduce (a word or phrase) to a shorter form intended to represent the full form.
Angliško žodžio naudojimo pavyzdys:
- She talked about money, and her points (which I again abbreviate) are:
- To abbreviate or not to abbreviate, that is the important style question
- Desplechin reminded his audience that excellent dialogue was often written for silent movies even though you never hear it and the intertitles abbreviate the script.
- · Added "abbreviate" for the month element in the _xml_ format skins.
- For a few years, SAT would abbreviate a hypothetically less offensive but indisputably more awkward name for the examination: Scholastic Assessment Test.
- v (su)trumpinti