Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: The act of doing away with or the state of being done away with; annulment.
- noun: Abolishment of slavery.
Angliško žodžio naudojimo pavyzdys:
- They first insisted that the abolition of the slave-trade would ruin the colonies -- next the _abolition of slavery_ was to be the certain destruction of the islands -- and now the education of children is deprecated as fraught with disastrous consequences.
- For the attending audience, the term "abolition" was not a novel concept.
- I understand the Rothbardian, knee-jerk impulse to say "abolish federal agency X," but I'm not sure abolition is even necessary, so long as people are allowed to "innovate around" existing bureaucracy.
- The last successful American third party, the Republicans, had a noble cause in abolition and the dominant political imperative in American history: Union, and they elected several candidates to statewide office before Lincoln (their second Presidential nominee) won the White House.
- The Genies are long out of the bottle as the Scots and the Welsh assemblies would now have to make a serious mess of it to earn sufficient enmity, nay the deep hatred of their electorates that their abolition is demanded.
- n panaikinimas