Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: A person who favors the abolition of any institution, especially negro slavery.
Angliško žodžio naudojimo pavyzdys:
- The main abolitionist organization in the U.S. was the The American Missionary Association, indenominational Christian but growing out of the evangelical movement.
- Of course our people did not know what the word abolitionist meant; they evidently
- The Portent, in 1859, a poem in which he calls the abolitionist John Brown hanging in a tree "
- He knew an abolitionist was a person who wanted to end slavery.
- He affects to hate the abolitionist, which is odd, considering that he helps him in his dirty work of Disunion.
- daiktavardis panaikinimo šalininkas