Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- : In the Bible, the first patriarch and progenitor of the Hebrew people. He was the father of Isaac.
- : Plains ofAbraham A field adjoining the upper part of Quebec City, Canada. In 1759 the British under Gen. James Wolfe defeated the French under Gen. Louis Montcalm in a decisive battle of the French and Indian Wars. The victory led to British supremacy in Canada.
Angliško žodžio naudojimo pavyzdys:
- For an account of these later patriarchs see articles ABRAHAM; ISAAC; JACOB; etc. The earlier patriarchs comprise the antediluvian group, and those who are placed between the Flood and the birth of Abraham.
- CYNTHIA DE GRAF, GIRLFRIEND OF SUSPECT ABRAHAM JONES: We went to the Sol (ph) Beach Festival together, me, Abraham and my friend Bernadine.
- For their honeymoon, they went to the south of India, and seven hours after they got there they had two twin babies, a boy and a girl which they called Abraham and Sarah, because they were fond of those holy saints.
- The good land covenanted to Abraham is to be restored to his seed.
- While David and I settled on the name Abraham Lincoln, the pooch stole glances up at me; through the course of the journey home, the glances got longer and longer, and by the time we got to our apartment he couldn’t take his eyes off of me.
bosom of abraham
albert abraham michelson
james abraham garfield
president abraham lincoln