Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: The state of being abrupt or broken; craggedness; ruggedness; steepness.
- noun: Suddenness; unceremonious haste or vehemence.
Angliško žodžio naudojimo pavyzdys:
- No sooner did they feel quite convinced that he was indifferent about his practice than they at once appreciated his services; what had been called abruptness now became truth and sincerity He was declared to be like Dr. Abernethy -- wonderfully clever, though slightly brusque in manner.
- The U.S. S.ate Department Monday expressed surprise at the -- quote -- "abruptness" and said other countries face their own decisions on whether to stay or go.
- If he roused himself from his brooding and began to talk, he always spoke with a kind of abruptness and never of what he really wanted to say.
- "Miss Milray," said Clementina, with a kind of abruptness, "do you eva hear anything from Dr. Welwright?"
- I’m annoyed at his abruptness, which is even worse than usual.
- n statumas
- staigumas, ūmumas