Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- adverb: Definitely and completely; unquestionably.
- adverb: Grammar In a manner that does not take an object.
- adverb: Grammar In an absolute relationship.
Angliško žodžio naudojimo pavyzdys:
- VIEW FAVORITES yahooBuzzArticleHeadline = 'Hinchey calls Blue Dog behavior "absolutely shameful"'; yahooBuzzArticleSummary = 'Rep. Maurice Hinchey (D-N. Y.) issued a stern rebuke to a group of fellow House Democrats on Thursday, saying that the behavior of the fiscally conservative Blue Dog coalition was absolutely shameful, after the group revolted on Wednesday over the cost of veterans educations benefits in a war funding measure, delaying consideration of the $183 billion supplemental spending bill.'
- It is, we think, impossible to compare the sentence which prohibits a State from laying imposts, or duties on imports or exports, except what may be absolutely necessary for executing its inspection laws, with that which authorizes Congress to make all laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into execution the powers of the general government, without feeling a conviction that the convention understood itself to change materially the meaning of the word necessary, by prefixing the word absolutely.
- _substantially_ correct, she neither declared nor implied that they were not taught in a manner absolutely correct, but ... as all who believe that they are set forth in a manner _absolutely correct_, believe, necessarily, that they are taught in a manner _substantially_ correct; for that which is absolute embraces that which is substantial and something more; she simply makes an affirmation, so far as two classes
- But alas, Sudi Pigott got her title absolutely right, "How To Be a Better Foodie; A Bulging Little Book for the Truly Epicurious" is filled to the brim with facts and foodie-essentials which make anyone who is interested in culinary particulars marvel at the amount of text in this book!
- Another gap followed during the troublous reign of Richard III., but by the end of the fifteenth century, when Henry VII. felt his title absolutely secure, and his dynasty established, the west end was quite finished, within and without, while then, and then only, the last remains of the old nave were cleared away.
- adv visiškai
- nepriklausomai, savarankiškai