Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: One of a sect who appeared in France and Spain in the 3rd century, and believed in abstinence towards meat and sex.
Angliško žodžio naudojimo pavyzdys:
- Similarly, some very health-minded people will do the healthy thing and remain abstinent until marriage, then remain faithful to their spouses.
- Encouraging teens to be abstinent is a worthy (if impossible) goal, but not at the expense of leaving them unprepared to practice safe sex.
- Cognitive performance in long-term abstinent alcoholic individuals.
- Presumably the abstinent are the best judges of the ratedness of abstinence, over or not.
- We don't want leaders who are willing to slap the public's desire -- support for comprehensive programs -- in the face, selling out to programs that will fund efforts to make us "pure" and "abstinent" -- and ultimately worse off -- until the age of 29!
- a susilaikąs
- n blaivininkas, abstinentas