Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: The relative prominence of a particular syllable of a word by greater intensity or by variation or modulation of pitch or tone.
- noun: Vocal prominence or emphasis given to a particular syllable, word, or phrase.
- noun: A characteristic pronunciation, especially:
- noun: One determined by the regional or social background of the speaker.
- noun: One determined by the phonetic habits of the speaker's native language carried over to his or her use of another language.
- noun: A mark or symbol used in the printing and writing of certain languages to indicate the vocal quality to be given to a particular letter: an acute accent.
- noun: A mark or symbol used in printing and writing to indicate the stressed syllables of a spoken word.
- noun: Rhythmically significant stress in a line of verse.
- noun: Music Emphasis or prominence given to a note or chord, as by an increase in volume or extended duration.
- noun: Music A mark representing this.
- noun: Mathematics A mark used as a superscript to distinguish among variables represented by the same symbol.
- noun: Mathematics A mark used as a superscript to indicate the first derivative of a variable.
- noun: A mark or one of several marks used as a superscript to indicate a unit, such as feet (ʹ) and inches (〞) in linear measurement.
- noun: A distinctive feature or quality, such as a feature that accentuates, contrasts with, or complements a decorative style.
- noun: Something that accentuates or contrasts something else, as a touch of color that makes the features of an image stand out.
- noun: Particular importance or interest; emphasis: The accent is on comfort. See Synonyms at
- verb-transitive: To stress or emphasize the pronunciation of.
- verb-transitive: To mark with a printed accent.
- verb-transitive: To focus attention on; accentuate: a program that accents leadership development.
- v kirčiuoti
- pabrėžti (žodžius ištariant)