Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: A single spot or pip on a playing card, die, or domino.
- noun: A playing card, die, or domino having one spot or pip.
- noun: In racket games:
- noun: A serve that one's opponent fails to hit.
- noun: A point scored by such a serve.
- noun: The act of hitting a golf ball in the hole with one's first shot.
- noun: A military aircraft pilot who has destroyed five or more enemy aircraft.
- noun: An expert in a given field.
- adjective: Top-notch; first-rate.
- verb-transitive: To serve an ace against in racket games.
- verb-transitive: To hit an ace on (a hole) in golf.
- verb-transitive: Slang To get the better of (someone): a candidate who aced his opponents in the primaries.
- verb-transitive: Slang To receive a grade of A on: She aced the exam.
- verb-transitive: Slang To perform with distinction on: aced the interview.
- idiom: in the hole A hidden advantage or resource kept in reserve until needed.
- idiom: within an ace of On the verge of; very near to: came within an ace of losing the election.
Angliško žodžio naudojimo pavyzdys:
- For example, not host vs and ace is short for not host vs and host ace which should not be confused with not (host vs or ace) Expression arguments can be passed to tcpdump as either a single argument or as multiple arguments, whichever is more convenient.
- The ace is C.C. Sabathia, hands down one of the best pitchers in the league.
- The Southsiders ace is Jake Peavy, and deservingly so, the guys has IT.
- The Yankees ace is listed at 290 pounds, though he said he actually weighs 305, making him one of the heaviest baseball players of all time.
- The pitching pitcher tonight, the Giants ace, is most famous for being - in the offseason pulled over with a small amount of marijuana in his car.
n (kortos, domino) akis
within an ace of per plaukelį nuo
ace of clubs
ace of diamonds
ace of hearts
ace of spades