Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- adjective: Slightly sour in taste or in manner. See Synonyms at
Angliško žodžio naudojimo pavyzdys:
- He wanted to cancel the project — unless I was willing to expand my introduction, incorporating some of the acidulous commentary into a calmer treatment of the matter.
- Every member of the cast shines at varying intensities: Ms. McAdams as a young almost-married who's lively and attractive, albeit a scold; Kurt Fuller as Inez's acidulous father; Mimi Kennedy as her dryly sarcastic mother; and, in lesser roles, Nina Arianda, Tom Hiddleston, Daniel Lundh and Michel Vuillermoz.
- His observations range from the cheerful to the acidulous but are never malicious.
- Gillian Keith fizzed skittishly and effortlessly as Zerbinetta, an acidulous sop to Orla Boylan's munificent, creamy but variably toned Ariadne.
- Over the Dolphins stadium's public address system, Bailar asked God, "Father and Mother of us all," to protect his "gentle dophins" from the "voracious beasts of prey" and to "limit ... the obfuscations of sportscaster Howard Cosell acidulous tongue, so that he may describe this night truly and grammatically as it is..."
- a rūgštokas