Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
/ək'nɔlidʤmənt/ (acknowledgment) /ək'nɔliʤmənt/
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: The act of admitting or owning to something.
- noun: Recognition of another's existence, validity, authority, or right.
- noun: An answer or response in return for something done.
- noun: An expression of thanks or a token of appreciation.
- noun: A formal declaration made to authoritative witnesses to ensure legal validity.
Angliško žodžio naudojimo pavyzdys:
- Do you really believe Israel, a nation with 200-400 nuclear weapons under no oversight, inspection, and even acknowledgment, is really under a immediate threat from Iran, a nation with no nuclear weapons?
- We looked at each other, seemingly sitting on the edge of the world, and almost simultaneously our neighbors smiles joined ours in acknowledgment of The Bucket List, as we held the coffee to our noses, waived its steamy essence toward our nose, took a deep breath and looked at each other laughing, as if we were sitting next to Jack Nicholson who did the same as we savored his favorite coffee.
- Perhaps what's most egregious about Verizon's error is that it had seemingly been going on for at least a year, apparently without action or acknowledgment from the company.
- “I'd like to have acknowledgment from the government of what he did,” said Herbert, whose father died almost a quarter-century ago.
- The Council showed their wisdom and voted 7-2 to complete the trail, with limitations on where the trail would be built for now, in acknowledgment of the business activity in Ballard. (i.e., a compromise)
n pripažinimas, padėka, apdovanojimas (už paslaugą)
AR sutr. acknowledgement receipt (gavimo) pakvitavimas annual return metinė ataskaita argon chem. argonas Arkansas Arkanzasas (JAV valstija)