Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: Passive assent or agreement without protest.
- noun: The state of being acquiescent.
Angliško žodžio naudojimo pavyzdys:
- Mr. Lieberman has been able to shield personal condemnation because of the anti-Semitic taboo, but his behavior and actions have become so outrageous, so intolerable and so duplicitous that acquiescence is no longer acceptable.
- I will continue to point the finger outwards as well as inwards because comfort and acquiescence is a dangerous thing.
- He bowed low in acquiescence, though he would willingly have left her there.
- Tears of joy she shed over me, and thanked me for the tranquil and serene close which my return to virtue, as she called my acquiescence, had secured to her life.
- To rest in the law, with a rest of complacency and acquiescence, is good; but to rest in it with a rest of pride, and slothfulness, and carnal security, is the ruin of souls.
- n sutikimas