Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- adjective: Disposed or willing to acquiesce.
Angliško žodžio naudojimo pavyzdys:
- She frowned, exactly as the Lady whom Stile knew would have, then flung her golden hair back in a kind of acquiescent defiance.
- Our information overload society is at risk for the kind of acquiescent attitude.
- This despite the presence last week of Broadway diva Patti LuPone in the singing role of Anna 1, a no-nonsense, matronly gal, and dancer Wendy Whelan, in her 20th anniversary year with NYCB, as dancing Anna 2, the acquiescent sibling or split personality accompanying her sister as they travel the U.S. making money to send to their stern family for a new house.
- That being said, many of us who voted for President Obama disapprove of the way he's handling things because we feel he's far to acquiescent to the opposition.
- A gold watch or expensive handbag not only show appreciation to a helpful official or acquiescent mistress; they are also tradable assets and less traceable than cash.
- a nusileidžiąs, nuolankus