Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- verb-transitive: To gain possession of: acquire 100 shares of stock.
- verb-transitive: To get by one's own efforts: acquire proficiency in math.
- verb-transitive: To gain through experience; come by: acquired a growing dislike of television sitcoms.
- verb-transitive: To locate (a moving object) with a tracking system, such as radar.
Angliško žodžio naudojimo pavyzdys:
- Only later, when fear had been replaced by boredom, did the term acquire a derogatory shading.
- Not until the time of Linnæus (1707-1778) did the term acquire a definite and precise meaning.
- The historical events which mothers take part in acquire the greatness and invincibility of natural phenomena.
- I know an Aussie company who had been negotiating a possible buyout that would have seen them move across to join that firm but in the end the company in question decided to only recruit/acquire from the Bay Area!
- Perhaps the most notorious example was Attorney General Robert Jackson's opinion (prior to the Lend-Lease Act) that existing statutes gave the President the authority to acquire from the British Government rights for the establishment of naval and air bases in exchange for over-age destroyers and obsolescent military material.
acquired immune deficiency syndrome