Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: The quality of being
acute or pointed; as, the acuteness of an angle.
- noun: The faculty of nice
discernment or perception; sensitiveness; – applied to the senses, or the understanding. By acuteness of feeling, we perceive small objects or slight impressions: by acuteness of intellect, we discern nice distinctions.
Shrillness; high pitch; – said of sounds.
- noun: Violence of a disease, which brings it speedily to a crisis.
- noun: Shrewdness, quickness of mind
Angliško žodžio naudojimo pavyzdys:
- I may have been ever so much an exception in acuteness of observation, powers of comparison, and abnormal self-consciousness; none the less were my thoughts and conduct typical of the attitude of the intelligent immigrant child toward American institutions.
- Her sense of touch has sensibly increased during the year, and has gained in acuteness and delicacy.
- Prudence -- but not the acuteness which is sometimes confused with prudence -- is incompatible with incontinence, which is least curable when the outcome of weakness.
- Anxiety, hope, and even fatigue itself, had imparted to his body the fictitious strength of fever, and to his intellect the unhealthy acuteness which is so often the result of intense mental effort.
- Agitated by these reflections, which put sleep at defiance, Esther continued at her post, listening with that sort of acuteness which is termed instinct in the animals a few degrees below her in the scale of intelligence, for any of those noises which might indicate the approach of footsteps.
- n smailumas