Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- verb-transitive: To suspend until a later stated time.
- verb-intransitive: To suspend proceedings to another time or place.
- verb-intransitive: To move from one place to another: After the meal we adjourned to the living room.
Angliško žodžio naudojimo pavyzdys:
- Ntsebeza said he had used the word "adjourn" advisedly in ending the day's proceedings.
- Later Mr. Bobbsey learned that the senators and congressmen were meeting at night in order to finish a lot of work so they could the sooner end the session -- "adjourn," as it is called.
- Inviting the opposition to 'adjourn' their effort to adjourn Assembly sessions, Mr. Bhattacharjee said they could instead join hands with the government for the State's development.
- Between 4 and 5. the Gov 'adjourn'd to Ten a-clock Satterday mornings and presently rose up and went away.
- Page 41 striking out all after the word "adjourn" and inserting "sine die.
- v atidė (lio) ti
- padaryti pertrauką