Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- verb-transitive: To cause to move forward: advance a chess piece.
- verb-transitive: To put forward; propose or suggest: advanced a novel theory during the seminar.
- verb-transitive: To aid the growth or progress of: advanced the cause of freedom.
- verb-transitive: To raise in rank; promote.
- verb-transitive: To cause to occur sooner: advance a deadline by one week.
- verb-transitive: To raise in amount or rate; increase.
- verb-transitive: To pay (money or interest) before due.
- verb-transitive: To supply or lend, especially on credit.
- verb-transitive: To serve as an advance person for (a trip to be made by a politician or a dignitary): "advanced the China trip during which the first trade agreements . . . were signed” ( Suzanne Perney).
- verb-transitive: Archaic To lift.
- verb-intransitive: To go or move forward or onward.
- verb-intransitive: To move against another, as when attacking: advance on the enemy's position.
- verb-intransitive: To make progress; improve.
- verb-intransitive: To rise in rank, position, or value.
- verb-intransitive: To serve as an advance person for a trip to be made by a politician or a dignitary.
- noun: The act or process of moving or going forward.
- noun: A forward move, as toward an objective; a progressive step: an advance in genetic engineering.
- noun: An increase of price or value.
- noun: Opening approaches made to secure acquaintance, favor, or an agreement; overtures.
- noun: The furnishing of funds or goods on credit.
- noun: The funds or goods so furnished; a loan.
- noun: Payment of money before due: an advance on next month's salary.
- noun: The money so paid.
- noun: Preparation, especially publicity, done prior to the appearance of a public figure or the staging of a public event.
- adjective: Made or given ahead of time: an advance payment.
- adjective: Going before, in front, or forward.
- idiom: in advance Ahead of time; beforehand.
- idiom: in advance of In front of; ahead of.
- iš anksto mokėti
- žengti į priekį
- to advance in age senti
- stumti priekin
- žengimas į priekį
- iš anksto