Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: A beneficial factor or combination of factors.
- noun: Benefit or profit; gain: It is to your advantage to invest wisely.
- noun: A relatively favorable position; superiority of means: A better education gave us the advantage.
- noun: Sports The first point scored in tennis after deuce.
- noun: Sports The resulting score.
- verb-transitive: To afford profit or gain to; benefit.
- idiom: take advantage of To put to good use; avail oneself of: take advantage of all educational opportunities.
- idiom: take advantage of To profit selfishly by; exploit: took advantage of the customer.
- idiom: to advantage To good effect; favorably: The roses were displayed to advantage in a blue vase.
Angliško žodžio naudojimo pavyzdys:
- It is true that the advantage or benefit of insurance does not consist in adding anything to the wealth of a company, but only consists in drawing from the premiums paid into its treasury by the policy holders generally, to meet each death claim which arises; or can only be called an _advantage of distribution_, or process of collecting aid from the living members, to assist the representatives or dependents of the deceased ones; but it is not the less on this account an advantage worth _same expense_ in securing.
- The main advantage is immediate recognition of the problem so that it can be solved before it grows worse.
- Their main advantage is that another group has expressed interest in the Hyatt for Labor Day weekend 2012 and will be making a decision within a very few months.
- Its main advantage is the authentic separation from anything else in the category.
- The main advantage is that each participating computer has a local copy of the sync'd files for offline access.
to take advantage of pasinaudoti
to take advantage of somebody būti už ką nors geresnėje padėtyje
v paremti, padėti