Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- verb-transitive: To speak, plead, or argue in favor of. See Synonyms at
- noun: One that argues for a cause; a supporter or defender: an advocate of civil rights.
- noun: One that pleads in another's behalf; an intercessor: advocates for abused children and spouses.
- noun: A lawyer.
Angliško žodžio naudojimo pavyzdys:
- The approach you seem to advocate is to simply bracket all questions about the referrents of mentalistic terms, and proceed according to intuitionism.
- One of the great purposes of the procedure which I am about to advocate is to give support and strength to these brilliant and patriotic members and to proclaim to them that the whole nation stands behind them.
- The temptation to participate in the public dialogue as an advocate is considerable.
- The alternative I advocate is to have the central government stop trying to be clever and instead get out of the way, giving poor communities (and affluent communities, too) a massive dose of selfgovernment, with vastly greater responsibility for the operation of the institutions that affect their lives — including the criminal justice, educational, housing and benefit systems in their localities.
- You're absolutely right -- what some posters (re, bringing goods across the border, circumventing residency and work requirements) advocate is breaking the law.
n gynėjas, advokatas
v ginti (pažiūras ir pan.)
judge advocate general