Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- adverb: At or to the front or head.
- adverb: In advance; before: Pay ahead, and you'll receive a discount.
- adverb: In or into the future; for the future: planned ahead.
- adverb: In an advanced position or a configuration registering the future: Set the clock ahead.
- adverb: At or to a different time; earlier or later: moved the appointment ahead, from Tuesday to Monday.
- adverb: In a forward direction; onward: The train moved ahead slowly.
- adverb: In the prescribed direction or sequence for normal use: You won't hear anything unless you roll the tape ahead.
- adverb: In or into a more advantageous position: wanted to get ahead in life.
- idiom: be ahead To be winning or in a superior position: The home team was ahead in the second period. Your company is ahead in developing the new technology.
Angliško žodžio naudojimo pavyzdys:
- Though sailing blind, still the pilot cries 'Full speed ahead' yahooBuzzArticleHeadline = 'Though sailing blind, still the pilot cries \'Full speed ahead\' '; yahooBuzzArticleSummary =' Article: The crash and oil spill at the Golden Gate Bridge might be the perfect metaphor of Dubya\'s presidency, if there were only a board of pilots to hold Bush accountable. '
- Donald Tusk is set to lay out his administration's budget plans and other policies for the term ahead in his address Friday, and investors will be watching closely to see how much he intends to consolidate state finances.
- Manchester United could go level on points with their neighbours by winning Saturday's home game against Bolton Wanderers, as could Tottenham Hotspur by beating Wolves at White Hart Lane, and Ferguson said it is good for football to see two new teams challenging for the title ahead of the usual threat from Chelsea and Arsenal.
- And Ive won a title ahead of Kimi Rikknen and his McLaren, and another one ahead of Michael Schumacher.
- Britt improvised as she spoke, her mind only a word ahead of her voice.
į priekį, pirmyn
ahead of time šnek. prieš laiką
to get ahead of pralenkti
go ahead! pirmyn!, toliau!, tęsk!
ahead of the game
ahead of time