Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- adjective: Having close resemblance; similar: The twins are as alike as two peas in a pod. Friends are generally alike in background and tastes.
- adverb: In the same manner or to the same degree: They dress and walk alike.
Angliško žodžio naudojimo pavyzdys:
- Nor is the failure of the pursuit wholly to be ascribed to the familiar fact that to Caucasian eyes all Chinamen look alike, but rather to their acting alike, in a body, to defeat discovery at any cost.
- Thanks to this many-sided usage, together with its religious colouring (“the church called by God”) and the possibilities of personification which it offered, the conception and the term alike rapidly came to the front.
- I was with the president of a Penn State campus in China, his closest celebrity look-alike is Bill Cosby, when we were in tourist areas people would pull on him in the exact same way they do on the characters in Disneyworld.
- Thus America has responded to the enormous challenges the economy faces in the short-term and long-term alike with a complete failure of vision and verve.
- But since we are tallying “extermination/expulsion of subhuman populations”, one group that somehow that always ignored by so many ‘loving, compassionate’Zoinest Christians and Zionists alike is the Christians of Palestine whose luck was not much better than the Muslim of Palestine either.