Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- preposition: Over the length of: walked along the path.
- preposition: On a line or course parallel and close to; continuously beside: rowed along the shore; the trees along the avenue.
- preposition: In accordance with: The committee split along party lines over the issue.
- adverb: Forward; onward: We drove along, admiring the view. Farther along, we passed a hitchhiker.
- adverb: As a companion: Bring your friend along.
- adverb: In accompaniment or association; together: packed an atlas along with other books. See Usage Note at
- adverb: With one; at hand: Luckily, I had my camera along. Our guests should be along soon.
- adverb: Informal Advanced to some degree: getting along in years.
Angliško žodžio naudojimo pavyzdys:
- Wonder no more, Bush's supply-side tax cuts were never meant to trickle down to the average American ~ they were meant, along with lucrative tax benefits, for the major corporations who have gone overseas to reap significant profits ~along with atumbling dollar working to their advantage.
- Now fweep •along its top, now neigh along the vale I '-
- The channel is conducted a little above the city of Bubastis by Patumos the Arabian city, and runs into the Erythraian Sea: and it is dug first along those parts of the plain of Egypt which lie towards Arabia, just above which run the mountains which extend opposite Memphis, where are the stone-quarries, along the base of these mountains the channel is conducted from West to East for a great way; and after that it is directed towards a break in the hills and tends from these mountains towards the noon-day and the South Wind to the Arabian gulf.
- Bet on the boat races along the canals. if you’re a true criminal, you’d rig the races …..along the canals …….amid the aforesaid architecture.
- The more accurate equivalent would a term along the lines of ‘First Among Equals.’
along the river's bank palei upės krantą
along with kartu
come along! eikime drauge!
all along visą laiką
get along with you! šnek. išsinešdinkit!
prp palei, išilgai
get along with