Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: Similarity in some respects between things that are otherwise dissimilar.
- noun: A comparison based on such similarity. See Synonyms at
- noun: Biology Correspondence in function or position between organs of dissimilar evolutionary origin or structure.
- noun: A form of logical inference or an instance of it, based on the assumption that if two things are known to be alike in some respects, then they must be alike in other respects.
- noun: Linguistics The process by which words or morphemes are re-formed or created on the model of existing grammatical patterns in a language, often leading to greater regularity in paradigms, as evidenced by helped replacing holp and holpen as the past tense and past participle of help on the model of verbs such as yelp, yelped, yelped.
Angliško žodžio naudojimo pavyzdys:
- Dr. Priestley founds, not on the _resemblance or analogy, _ but on the _essential difference_, between created and uncreated intelligence; but, in point of fact, the _difference_, great and real as it is, has no bearing on the only question at issue; it is the _resemblance or analogy_ between all thinking beings and the
- The inference of intelligence from marks of design in nature is not one of analogy, but of strict and proper _induction_; and accordingly we must either deny that there are marks of _design_ in nature, thereby discarding the _analogy_, or do violence to our own reason by resisting the fundamental law of causality, thereby discarding the inductive inference.
- As for the cost of setting these things up - the Mr and Mrs Britain analogy is a good one.
- But what I take Wittgenstein to be suggesting is: Take the label analogy seriously; and then you'll see how little of language is like that.
- Hence, Whately uses the term analogy as an expression for the similarity of relation, and in this regard the use of analogy for our real work has no special significance.
by analogy with, on the analogy of analogiškai
doctrine of analogy