Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: The power to enforce laws, exact obedience, command, determine, or judge.
- noun: One that is invested with this power, especially a government or body of government officials: land titles issued by the civil authority.
- noun: Power assigned to another; authorization: Deputies were given authority to make arrests.
- noun: A public agency or corporation with administrative powers in a specified field: a city transit authority.
- noun: An accepted source of expert information or advice: a noted authority on birds; a reference book often cited as an authority.
- noun: A quotation or citation from such a source: biblical authorities for a moral argument.
- noun: Justification; grounds: On what authority do you make such a claim?
- noun: A conclusive statement or decision that may be taken as a guide or precedent.
- noun: Power to influence or persuade resulting from knowledge or experience: political observers who acquire authority with age.
- noun: Confidence derived from experience or practice; firm self-assurance: played the sonata with authority.
- to carry authorityity turėti įtakos
- autoritetingas šaltinis