Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: Mathematics A number that typifies a set of numbers of which it is a function.
- noun: Mathematics See
- noun: An intermediate level or degree: near the average in size.
- noun: The usual or ordinary kind or quality: Although the wines vary, the average is quite good.
- noun: Sports The ratio of a team's or player's successful performances such as wins, hits, or goals, divided by total opportunities for successful performance, such as games, times at bat, or shots: finished the season with a .500 average; a batting average of .274.
- noun: Law The loss of a ship or cargo, caused by damage at sea.
- noun: Law The incurrence of damage or loss of a ship or cargo at sea.
- noun: Law The equitable distribution of such a loss among concerned parties.
- noun: Law A charge incurred through such a loss.
- noun: Nautical Small expenses or charges that are usually paid by the master of a ship.
- adjective: Mathematics Of, relating to, or constituting an average.
- adjective: Being intermediate between extremes, as on a scale: a player of average ability.
- adjective: Usual or ordinary in kind or character: a poll of average people; average eyesight.
- adjective: Assessed in accordance with the law of averages.
- verb-transitive: Mathematics To calculate the average of: average a set of numbers.
- verb-transitive: To do or have an average of: averaged three hours of work a day.
- verb-transitive: To distribute proportionately: average one's income over four years so as to minimize the tax rate.
- verb-intransitive: To be or amount to an average: Some sparrows are six inches long, but they average smaller. Our expenses averaged out to 45 dollars per day.
- phrasal-verb: average down To purchase shares of the same security at successively lower prices in order to reduce the average price of one's position.
- phrasal-verb: average up To purchase shares of the same security at successively higher prices in order to achieve a larger position at an average price that is lower than the current market value.
- at/ on/upon the averagevidutiniškai
- to strike an averageišvesti vidurkį
- išvesti vidurkį
- vidutiniškai siekti