Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: A thin strip of flexible material used to encircle and bind one object or to hold a number of objects together: a metal band around the bale of cotton.
- noun: A strip or stripe that contrasts with something else in color, texture, or material.
- noun: A narrow strip of fabric used to trim, finish, or reinforce articles of clothing.
- noun: Something that constrains or binds morally or legally: the bands of marriage and family.
- noun: A simple ungrooved ring, especially a wedding ring.
- noun: A neckband or collar.
- noun: The two strips hanging from the front of a collar as part of the dress of certain clerics, scholars, and lawyers.
- noun: A high collar popular in the 16th and 17th centuries.
- noun: Biology A chromatically, structurally, or functionally differentiated strip or stripe in or on an organism.
- noun: Anatomy A cordlike tissue that connects or holds structures together.
- noun: Physics A specific range of wavelengths or frequencies of electromagnetic radiation.
- noun: Physics A range of very closely spaced electron energy levels in solids, the distribution and nature of which determine the electrical properties of a material.
- noun: Any of the distinct grooves on a long-playing phonograph record that contains an individual selection or a separate section of a whole.
- noun: A cord or strip across the back of a book to which the sheets or quires are attached.
- verb-transitive: To tie, bind, or encircle with or as if with a band.
- verb-transitive: To mark or identify with or as if with a band: a program to band migrating birds.
- noun: A group of people: a band of outlaws.
- noun: A group of animals.
- noun: Anthropology A unit of social organization especially among hunter-gatherers, consisting of a usually small number of families living together cooperatively.
- noun: Canadian An aboriginal group officially recognized as an organized unit by the Canadian government. See Usage Note at
- noun: A group of musicians who perform as an ensemble.
- verb-transitive: To assemble or unite in a group.
- verb-intransitive: To form a group; unite: banded together for protection.
- su(si)burti (į grupę)
- brass band dūdų orkestras
- jazz banddžazbandas
- string band styginių instrumentų orkestras
- it beats the band amer. tai neįtikėtina