Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: A relatively long, straight, rigid piece of solid material used as a fastener, support, barrier, or structural or mechanical member.
- noun: A solid oblong block of a substance, such as soap or candy.
- noun: A rectangular block of a precious metal.
- noun: Sports A horizontal bar.
- noun: Sports A horizontal rod that marks the height to be cleared in high jumping or pole vaulting.
- noun: A standard, expectation, or degree of requirement: a leader whose example set a high bar for others.
- noun: Something that impedes or prevents action or progress. See Synonyms at
- noun: A ridge, as of sand or gravel, on a shore or streambed, that is formed by the action of tides or currents.
- noun: A narrow marking, as a stripe or band.
- noun: A narrow metal or embroidered strip worn on a military uniform indicating rank or service.
- noun: Chiefly British A small insignia worn on a military decoration indicating that it has been awarded an additional time.
- noun: Heraldry A pair of horizontal parallel lines drawn across a shield.
- noun: Law The nullification, defeat, or prevention of a claim or action.
- noun: Law The process by which nullification, defeat, or prevention is achieved.
- noun: The railing in a courtroom enclosing the part of the room where the judges and lawyers sit, witnesses are heard, and prisoners are tried.
- noun: A place of judgment; a tribunal.
- noun: Law Attorneys considered as a group.
- noun: Law The profession of law.
- noun: Music A vertical line drawn through a staff to mark off a measure.
- noun: Music A measure.
- noun: Variant of
- noun: A counter at which drinks, especially alcoholic drinks, and sometimes food, are served.
- noun: An establishment or room having such a counter.
- verb-transitive: To fasten securely with a long, straight, rigid piece of material.
- verb-transitive: To shut in or out with or as if with bars.
- verb-transitive: To obstruct or impede; block.
- verb-transitive: To keep out; exclude. See Synonyms at
- verb-transitive: To rule out; except.
- verb-transitive: To mark with stripes or bands.
- verb-transitive: Law To stop (a claim or action) by objection.
- preposition: Except for; excluding: This was your best performance, bar none.
- idiom: behind bars In prison.
- noun: A unit of pressure equal to one million (106) dynes per square centimeter.
- gabalas (muilo ir pan.)
- plytelė (šokolado)
- to bar fromnušalinti
- to bar in neišleisti
- to bar outneįleisti