Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: A body of water partially enclosed by land but with a wide mouth, affording access to the sea: the Bay of Biscay.
- noun: An area of land, such as an arm of prairie partially enclosed by woodland, that resembles in shape or formation a partially enclosed body of water.
- noun: Architecture A part of a building marked off by vertical elements, such as columns or pilasters: an arcade divided into ten bays.
- noun: Architecture A bay window.
- noun: Architecture An opening or recess in a wall.
- noun: A section or compartment, as in a service station, barn, or aircraft, that is set off for a specific purpose: a cargo bay; an engine bay.
- noun: A sickbay.
- noun: Computer Science A drive bay.
- adjective: Reddish-brown: a bay colt.
- noun: A reddish brown.
- noun: A reddish-brown animal, especially a horse having a black mane and tail.
- noun: A deep, prolonged bark, such as the sound made by hounds.
- noun: The position of one cornered by pursuers and forced to turn and fight at close quarters: The hunters brought their quarry to bay.
- noun: The position of having been checked or held at a distance: "He has seen the nuclear threat held at bay for 40 years” ( Earl W. Foell).
- verb-intransitive: To utter a deep, prolonged bark.
- verb-transitive: To pursue or challenge with barking: "I had rather be a dog, and bay the moon” ( Shakespeare).
- verb-transitive: To express by barking or howling: a mob baying its fury.
- verb-transitive: To bring to bay: "too big for the dogs which tried to bay it” ( William Faulkner).
- noun: See
- noun: Any of certain other trees or shrubs with aromatic foliage, such as the California laurel.
- noun: A crown or wreath made especially of the leaves and branches of the laurel and given as a sign of honor or victory.
- noun: Honor; renown. Often used in the plural.
- In įlanka
- at bay padėtyje be išeities
- to bring to bay prispirti prie sienos
- loti IIIn niša
- bėras Vn laurų medis
- užutekis II
- išsikišęs langas IV
- to stand at bay
- to turn to bay iš visų jėgų gintis
- laurų vaini