Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: A piece of furniture for reclining and sleeping, typically consisting of a flat, rectangular frame and a mattress resting on springs.
- noun: A bedstead.
- noun: A mattress.
- noun: A place where one may sleep; lodging: found bed and board at an inn.
- noun: Accommodations for a single person at a hospital or institution: a maternity ward with 30 beds.
- noun: A time at which one goes to sleep: drank milk before bed.
- noun: A place for lovemaking.
- noun: A marital relationship with its rights and intimacies.
- noun: A small plot of cultivated or planted land: a flower bed.
- noun: An underwater or intertidal area in which a particular organism is established in large numbers: a clam bed; an oyster bed.
- noun: The bottom of a body of water, such as a stream.
- noun: A supporting, underlying, or securing part, especially:
- noun: A layer of food surmounted by another kind of food: tomatoes on a bed of lettuce.
- noun: A foundation of crushed rock or a similar substance for a road or railroad; a roadbed.
- noun: A layer of mortar upon which stones or bricks are laid.
- noun: Printing The heavy table of a printing press in which the type form is placed.
- noun: The part of a truck, trailer, or freight car designed to carry loads.
- noun: Geology A rock mass of large horizontal extent bounded, especially above, by physically different material.
- noun: Geology A deposit, as of ore, parallel to local stratification.
- noun: A heap of material: a bed of wood chips.
- verb-transitive: To furnish with a bed or sleeping quarters: We bedded our guests down in the study.
- verb-transitive: To put or send to bed.
- verb-transitive: To have sexual relations with.
- verb-transitive: To plant in a prepared plot of soil.
- verb-transitive: To lay flat or arrange in layers.
- verb-transitive: To embed.
- verb-transitive: To establish; base.
- verb-intransitive: To go to bed.
- verb-intransitive: Geology To form layers or strata.
- idiom: get into bed with Slang To become closely involved with another person or group, as in an intrigue: "The Israelis were experienced at this kind of [covert] ... work, but it was essential that the administration not get into bed with them on this” ( Bob Woodward).
- idiom: go to bed with To have sexual relations with.
- to go to bed eiti miegoti
- to get ready for bed ruoštis eiti miegoti
- to make the bed pakloti lovą
- narrow bed kapas
- bed of thorns sunki padė
- to keep one's bed gulėti lovoje
- bed of down /roses lengvas
- malonus gyvenimas