Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- adjective: Being of the color black, producing or reflecting comparatively little light and having no predominant hue.
- adjective: Having little or no light: a black, moonless night.
- adjective: Of or belonging to a racial group having brown to black skin, especially one of African origin: the Black population of South Africa.
- adjective: Of or belonging to an American ethnic group descended from African peoples having dark skin; African-American.
- adjective: Very dark in color: rich black soil; black, wavy hair.
- adjective: Soiled, as from soot; dirty: feet black from playing outdoors.
- adjective: Evil; wicked: the pirates' black deeds.
- adjective: Cheerless and depressing; gloomy: black thoughts.
- adjective: Being or characterized by morbid or grimly satiric humor: a black comedy.
- adjective: Marked by anger or sullenness: gave me a black look.
- adjective: Attended with disaster; calamitous: a black day; the stock market crash on Black Friday.
- adjective: Deserving of, indicating, or incurring censure or dishonor: "Man ... has written one of his blackest records as a destroyer on the oceanic islands” ( Rachel Carson).
- adjective: Wearing clothing of the darkest visual hue: the black knight.
- adjective: Served without milk or cream: black coffee.
- adjective: Appearing to emanate from a source other than the actual point of origin. Used chiefly of intelligence operations: black propaganda; black radio transmissions.
- adjective: Disclosed, for reasons of security, only to an extremely limited number of authorized persons; very highly classified: black programs in the Defense Department; the Pentagon's black budget.
- adjective: Chiefly British Boycotted as part of a labor union action.
- noun: The achromatic color value of minimum lightness or maximum darkness; the color of objects that absorb nearly all light of all visible wavelengths; one extreme of the neutral gray series, the opposite being white. Although strictly a response to zero stimulation of the retina, the perception of black appears to depend on contrast with surrounding color stimuli.
- noun: A pigment or dye having this color value.
- noun: Complete or almost complete absence of light; darkness.
- noun: Clothing of the darkest hue, especially such clothing worn for mourning.
- noun: A member of a racial group having brown to black skin, especially one of African origin.
- noun: An American descended from peoples of African origin having brown to black skin; an African American.
- noun: Something that is colored black.
- noun: Games The black-colored pieces, as in chess or checkers.
- noun: Games The player using these pieces.
- verb-transitive: To make black: blacked their faces with charcoal.
- verb-transitive: To apply blacking to: blacked the stove.
- verb-transitive: Chiefly British To boycott as part of a labor union action.
- verb-intransitive: To become black.
- phrasal-verb: black out To lose consciousness or memory temporarily: blacked out at the podium.
- phrasal-verb: black out To suppress (a fact or memory, for example) from conscious recognition: blacked out many of my wartime experiences.
- phrasal-verb: black out To prohibit the dissemination of, especially by censorship: blacked out the news issuing from the rebel provinces.
- phrasal-verb: black out To extinguish or conceal all lights that might help enemy aircraft find a target during an air raid.
- phrasal-verb: black out To extinguish all the lights on (a stage).
- phrasal-verb: black out To cause a failure of electrical power in: Storm damage blacked out much of the region.
- phrasal-verb: black out To withhold (a televised event or program) from a broadcast area: blacked out the football game on local stations.
- phrasal-verb: black out To withhold a televised event or program from: blacked out the entire state to increase ticket sales.
- idiom: in the black On the credit side of a ledger; prosperous.
- (in) black and white juodu ant balto
- labai įširdęs
- B. Belt pietiniai JAV rajonai
- the B.
- to look black atrodyti niūriam
- black and blue sumuštas
- su mėlynėmis