Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- adjective: Devoid of writing, images, or marks: a blank page; a blank screen.
- adjective: Containing no information; unrecorded or erased: a blank tape; a blank diskette.
- adjective: Not completed or filled in: a blank questionnaire.
- adjective: Not having received final processing; unfinished: a blank key.
- adjective: Lacking expression; expressionless: "Although his gestures were elaborate, his face was blank” ( Nathanael West). See Synonyms at
- adjective: Appearing or seeming to appear dazed or confused: greeted me with a blank stare.
- adjective: Devoid of thought or impression: a blank mind.
- adjective: Devoid of activity, interest, or distinctive character; empty: tried to fill the blank hours of the day.
- adjective: Absolute; complete: a blank refusal.
- noun: An empty space or place; a void: During the exam my mind was a blank.
- noun: An empty space on a document to be filled in.
- noun: A document with one or more such spaces.
- noun: A manufactured article of a standard shape or form that is ready for final processing, as by stamping or cutting: a key blank.
- noun: A blank cartridge.
- noun: Something worthless, such as a losing lottery ticket.
- noun: A mark, usually a dash (—), indicating the omission of a word or of a letter or letters.
- noun: The white circle in the center of a target; a bull's-eye.
- verb-transitive: To remove, as from view; obliterate: "At times the strong glare of the sun blanked it from sight” ( Richard Wright).
- verb-transitive: To block access to: blank off a subway tunnel.
- verb-transitive: Sports To prevent (an opponent) from scoring.
- verb-transitive: To punch or stamp from flat stock, especially with a die.
- verb-intransitive: To become abstracted. Often used with out: My mind blanked out for a few seconds.
- verb-intransitive: To fail to find or remember something: I blanked when asked the name of our mayor.
- verb-intransitive: To fade away: The music gradually blanked out.
- blank despairvisiška neviltis
- blank side silpnoji pusė
- tuščias bilietas (loterijoje)
- to look blank būti sumišusiam
- blank verse baltosios
- nerimuotos eilės