Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: A bar made of wood or metal that slides into a socket and is used to fasten doors and gates.
- noun: A metal bar or rod in the mechanism of a lock that is thrown or withdrawn by turning the key.
- noun: A fastener consisting of a threaded pin or rod with a head at one end, designed to be inserted through holes in assembled parts and secured by a mated nut that is tightened by applying torque.
- noun: A sliding metal bar that positions the cartridge in breechloading rifles, closes the breech, and ejects the spent cartridge.
- noun: A similar device in any breech mechanism.
- noun: A short, heavy arrow with a thick head, used especially with a crossbow.
- noun: A flash of lightning; a thunderbolt.
- noun: A sudden or unexpected event: The announcement was a veritable bolt.
- noun: A sudden movement toward or away.
- noun: A large roll of cloth of a definite length, especially as it comes from the loom.
- verb-transitive: To secure or lock with or as if with a bolt.
- verb-transitive: To arrange or roll (lengths of cloth, for example) on or in a bolt.
- verb-transitive: To eat (food) hurriedly and with little chewing; gulp.
- verb-transitive: To desert or withdraw support from (a political party).
- verb-transitive: To utter impulsively; blurt.
- verb-transitive: Archaic To shoot or discharge (a missile, such as an arrow).
- verb-intransitive: To move or spring suddenly.
- verb-intransitive: To start suddenly and run away: The horse bolted at the sound of the shot. The frightened child bolted from the room.
- verb-intransitive: To break away from an affiliation, as from a political party.
- verb-intransitive: Botany To flower or produce seeds prematurely or develop a flowering stem from a rosette.
- idiom: bolt from the blue A sudden, shocking surprise or turn of events.
- idiom: bolt upright In a rigidly vertical position: sat bolt upright.
- verb-transitive: To pass (flour, for example) through a sieve.
- bolt from the bluegriaustinis iš giedro dangaus
- mestis (apie arklį)
- godžiai ką ryti
- adv.bolt upright tiesiai kaip s