Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: The portion of the vertebrate central nervous system that is enclosed within the cranium, continuous with the spinal cord, and composed of gray matter and white matter. It is the primary center for the regulation and control of bodily activities, receiving and interpreting sensory impulses, and transmitting information to the muscles and body organs. It is also the seat of consciousness, thought, memory, and emotion.
- noun: A functionally similar portion of the invertebrate nervous system.
- noun: Intellectual ability; mind: a dull brain; a quick brain.
- noun: Intellectual power; intelligence. Often used in the plural: has brains and good looks. See Synonyms at
- noun: A highly intelligent person.
- noun: The primary director or planner, as of an organization or movement. Often used in the plural.
- noun: The control center, as of a ship, aircraft, or spacecraft.
- verb-transitive: Slang To smash in the skull of.
- verb-transitive: Slang To hit on the head.
- idiom: beat (one's) brains (out) Informal To exert or expend great mental effort: She beat her brains out during the examination.
- idiom: on the brain Obsessively in mind: The coach has winning on the brain.
- idiom: brain To explore another's ideas through questioning.
- idiom: rack (one's) brain Informal To think long and hard: I racked my brain for hours trying to recall her name.
- to have something on the brain tik ir tegalvoti apie ką nors