Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- verb-transitive: To form by combining materials or parts; construct.
- verb-transitive: To order, finance, or supervise the construction of: The administration built several new housing projects.
- verb-transitive: To develop or give form to according to a plan or process; create: build a nation; built a successful business out of their corner grocery store.
- verb-transitive: To increase or strengthen by adding gradually to: money building interest in a savings account; build support for a political candidate.
- verb-transitive: To establish a basis for; found or ground: build an argument on fact.
- verb-intransitive: To make something by combining materials or parts.
- verb-intransitive: To engage in the construction or design of buildings: "Each of the three architects built in a different style” ( Dwight Macdonald).
- verb-intransitive: To develop in magnitude or extent: clouds building on the horizon.
- verb-intransitive: To progress toward a maximum, as of intensity: suspense building from the opening scene to the climax.
- noun: The physical makeup of a person or thing; physique: an athletic build.
- noun: Computer Science Any of various versions of a software product as it is being developed for release to users.
- phrasal-verb: in To construct or include as an integral part of: a wall with shelving that was built in; build stability into the economy.
- phrasal-verb: on To use as a basis or foundation: We must build on our recent success.
- phrasal-verb: build up To develop or increase in stages or by degrees: built up the business; building up my endurance for the marathon.
- phrasal-verb: build up To accumulate or collect: sediment building up on the ocean floor.
- phrasal-verb: build up To bolster: build up the product with a massive ad campaign; built up my hopes after the interview.
- phrasal-verb: build up To fill up (an area) with buildings.
- idiom: build on sand To provide with an unstable foundation: Having bought only high-risk stocks, my portfolio was built on sand.
- to build inįtaisyti
- to build up pastatyti
- to build upon remtis
- konstrukcija kūno sudejimas