Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- preposition: Close to; next to: the window by the door.
- preposition: With the use or help of; through: We came by the back road.
- preposition: Up to and beyond; past: We drove by the house.
- preposition: At or to: stopped by the bakery; came by the house.
- preposition: In the period of; during: sleeping by day.
- preposition: Not later than: by 5:30 P.M.
- preposition: In the amount of: letters by the thousands.
- preposition: To the extent of: shorter by two inches.
- preposition: According to: played by the rules.
- preposition: With respect to: siblings by blood.
- preposition: In the name of: swore by the Bible to tell the truth.
- preposition: Through the agency or action of: was killed by a bullet.
- preposition: Used to indicate a succession of specified individuals, groups, or quantities: One by one they left. They were persuaded little by little.
- preposition: Used in multiplication and division: Multiply 4 by 6 to get 24.
- preposition: Used with measurements: a room 12 by 18 feet.
- preposition: Toward. Used to express direction with points of the compass: south by east.
- adverb: On hand; nearby: Stand by.
- adverb: Aside; away: We put it by for later.
- adverb: Up to, alongside, and past: The car raced by.
- adverb: At or to one's home or current location: Stop by later today.
- adverb: Into the past: as years go by.
- idiom: by oneself Without company; alone: went by herself.
- idiom: by oneself Without help: wrote the book by myself.
- noun: Variant of
- by the riverpalei upę
- by air mail oro paštu
- by tram traukiniu
- (veikėjo kilmininkui reikšti): a play by W. Shakespeare V. Šekspyro pjesė
- to travel by daykeliauti dieną (dienos metu)
- su pagalba