Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: An ecclesiastical law or code of laws established by a church council.
- noun: A secular law, rule, or code of law.
- noun: An established principle: the canons of polite society.
- noun: A basis for judgment; a standard or criterion.
- noun: The books of the Bible officially accepted as Holy Scripture.
- noun: A group of literary works that are generally accepted as representing a field: "the durable canon of American short fiction” ( William Styron).
- noun: The works of a writer that have been accepted as authentic: the entire Shakespeare canon.
- noun: The part of the Mass beginning after the Preface and Sanctus and ending just before the Lord's Prayer.
- noun: The calendar of saints accepted by the Roman Catholic Church.
- noun: Music A composition or passage in which a melody is imitated by one or more voices at fixed intervals of pitch and time.
- noun: A member of a chapter of priests serving in a cathedral or collegiate church.
- noun: A member of certain religious communities living under a common rule and bound by vows.
- II n canyon.