Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: One who commands, leads, or guides others, especially:
- noun: The officer in command of a ship, an aircraft, or a spacecraft.
- noun: A precinct commander in a police or fire department, usually ranking above a lieutenant and below a chief.
- noun: The designated leader of a team or crew in sports.
- noun: A commissioned rank in the U.S. Army, Air Force, or Marine Corps that is above first lieutenant and below major.
- noun: A commissioned rank in the U.S. Navy or Coast Guard that is above commander and below commodore.
- noun: One who holds the rank of captain.
- noun: A figure in the forefront; a leader: a captain of industry.
- noun: One who supervises or directs the work of others, especially:
- noun: A district official for a political party.
- noun: A restaurant employee who is in charge of the waiters and usually attends to table seating.
- noun: A bell captain.
- verb-transitive: To act as captain of; command or direct: captained the football team.