Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: A piece of furniture consisting of a seat, legs, back, and often arms, designed to accommodate one person.
- noun: A seat of office, authority, or dignity, such as that of a bishop.
- noun: An office or position of authority, such as a professorship.
- noun: A person who holds an office or a position of authority, such as one who presides over a meeting or administers a department of instruction at a college; a chairperson.
- noun: The position of a player in an orchestra.
- noun: Slang The electric chair.
- noun: A seat carried about on poles; a sedan chair.
- noun: Any of several devices that serve to support or secure, such as a metal block that supports and holds railroad track in position.
- verb-transitive: To install in a position of authority, especially as a presiding officer.
- verb-transitive: To preside over as chairperson: chair a meeting.
- take a chair paimkite kėdę
- vieta liudininkams
- to be/sit in the chair pirmininkauti