Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: A call to engage in a contest, fight, or competition: a challenge to a duel.
- noun: An act or statement of defiance; a call to confrontation: a challenge to the government's authority.
- noun: A demand for explanation or justification; a calling into question: a challenge to a theory.
- noun: A sentry's call to an unknown party for proper identification.
- noun: A test of one's abilities or resources in a demanding but stimulating undertaking: a career that offers a challenge.
- noun: A claim that a vote is invalid or that a voter is unqualified.
- noun: Law A formal objection to the inclusion of a prospective juror in a jury.
- noun: Immunology The induction or evaluation of an immune response in an organism by administration of a specific antigen to which it has been sensitized.
- verb-transitive: To call to engage in a contest, fight, or competition: challenged me to a game of chess.
- verb-transitive: To invite with defiance; dare: challenged him to contradict her. See Synonyms at
- verb-transitive: To take exception to; call into question; dispute: a book that challenges established beliefs.
- verb-transitive: To order to halt and be identified, as by a sentry.
- verb-transitive: Law To take formal objection to (a prospective juror).
- verb-transitive: To question the qualifications of (a voter) or validity of (a vote).
- verb-transitive: To have due claim to; call for: events that challenge our attention.
- verb-transitive: To summon to action, effort, or use; stimulate: a problem that challenges the imagination.
- verb-transitive: Immunology To induce or evaluate an immune response in (an organism) by administering a specific antigen to which it has been sensitized.
- verb-intransitive: To make or give voice to a challenge.
- verb-intransitive: To begin barking upon picking up the scent. Used of hunting dogs.
- traukti atsakomybėn
- nušalinti (kandidatą)
- iššaukti (į dvikovą, lenktyniauti)