Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: A group of emigrants or their descendants who settle in a distant territory but remain subject to or closely associated with the parent country.
- noun: A territory thus settled.
- noun: A region politically controlled by a distant country; a dependency.
- noun: A group of people with the same interests or ethnic origin concentrated in a particular area: the American colony in Paris.
- noun: The area occupied by such a group.
- noun: The British colonies that became the original 13 states of the United States.
- noun: A group of people who have been institutionalized in a relatively remote area: an island penal colony.
- noun: Ecology A group of the same kind of animals, plants, or one-celled organisms living or growing together.
- noun: Microbiology A visible growth of microorganisms, usually in a solid or semisolid nutrient medium.