Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: A formal meeting of members, representatives, or delegates, as of a political party, fraternal society, profession, or industry.
- noun: The body of persons attending such an assembly: called the convention to order.
- noun: An agreement between states, sides, or military forces, especially an international agreement dealing with a specific subject, such as the treatment of prisoners of war.
- noun: General agreement on or acceptance of certain practices or attitudes: By convention, north is at the top of most maps.
- noun: A practice or procedure widely observed in a group, especially to facilitate social interaction; a custom: the convention of shaking hands.
- noun: A widely used and accepted device or technique, as in drama, literature, or painting: the theatrical convention of the aside.