Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: Onward movement in a particular direction; progress: the course of events.
- noun: Movement in time; duration: in the course of a year.
- noun: The direction of continuing movement: took a northern course.
- noun: The route or path taken by something, such as a stream, that moves. See Synonyms at
- noun: Sports A designated area of land or water on which a race is held: the course of a marathon.
- noun: Sports A golf course.
- noun: A mode of action or behavior: followed the best course and invested her money.
- noun: A typical or natural manner of proceeding or developing; customary passage: a fad that ran its course.
- noun: A systematic or orderly succession; a sequence: a course of medical treatments.
- noun: A continuous layer of building material, such as brick or tile, on a wall or roof of a building.
- noun: A complete body of prescribed studies constituting a curriculum: a four-year course in engineering.
- noun: A unit of such a curriculum: took an introductory course in chemistry; passed her calculus course.
- noun: A part of a meal served as a unit at one time: The first course was a delicious soup.
- noun: Nautical The lowest sail on a mast of a square-rigged ship.
- noun: A point on the compass, especially the one toward which a vehicle, such as a ship, is moving.
- verb-transitive: To move swiftly through or over; traverse: ships coursing the seas.
- verb-transitive: To hunt (game) with hounds.
- verb-transitive: To set (hounds) to chase game.
- verb-intransitive: To proceed or move swiftly along a specified course: "Big tears now coursed down her face” ( Iris Murdoch).
- verb-intransitive: To hunt game with hounds.
- idiom: in due course At the proper or right time.
- idiom: of course In the natural or expected order of things; naturally.
- idiom: of course Without any doubt; certainly.
- in the course of a yearper vienerius metus
- a matter of course savaime suprantamas dalykas
- of coursežinoma
- tekėti (apie ašaras)