Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: An extent of open ground partially or completely enclosed by walls or buildings; a courtyard.
- noun: A short street, especially a wide alley walled by buildings on three sides.
- noun: A large open section of a building, often with a glass roof or skylight.
- noun: A large building, such as a mansion, standing in a courtyard.
- noun: The place of residence of a sovereign or dignitary; a royal mansion or palace.
- noun: The retinue of a sovereign, including the royal family and personal servants, advisers, and ministers.
- noun: A sovereign's governing body, including the council of ministers and state advisers.
- noun: A formal meeting or reception presided over by a sovereign.
- noun: Law A person or body of persons whose task is to hear and submit a decision on cases at law.
- noun: Law The building, hall, or room in which such cases are heard and determined.
- noun: Law The regular session of a judicial assembly.
- noun: Law A similar authorized tribunal having military or ecclesiastical jurisdiction.
- noun: Sports An open level area marked with appropriate lines, upon which a game, such as tennis, handball, or basketball, is played.
- noun: The body of directors of an organization, especially of a corporation.
- noun: A legislative assembly.
- verb-transitive: To attempt to gain; seek: courting wealth and fame.
- verb-transitive: To behave so as to invite or incur: courts disaster by taking drugs.
- verb-transitive: To try to gain the love or affections of, especially to seek to marry.
- verb-transitive: To attempt to gain the favor of by attention or flattery: a salesperson courting a potential customer.
- verb-transitive: Zoology To behave so as to attract (a mate).
- verb-intransitive: To pursue a courtship; woo.
- verb-intransitive: Zoology To engage in courtship behavior.
- idiom: pay court to To flatter with solicitous overtures in an attempt to obtain something or clear away antagonism.
- idiom: pay court to To seek someone's love; woo.
- Supreme C.Aukščiausiasis teismas
- court martial karo tribunolas
- court of justice teismas
- golfo aikštelė
- (moters) garbinimas
- to court disaster užtraukti nelaimę