Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: An ornamental circlet or head covering, often made of precious metal set with jewels and worn as a symbol of sovereignty.
- noun: The power, position, or empire of a monarch or of a state governed by constitutional monarchy.
- noun: The monarch as head of state.
- noun: A distinction or reward for achievement, especially a title signifying championship in a sport.
- noun: Something resembling a diadem in shape.
- noun: A coin stamped with a crown or crowned head on one side.
- noun: A silver coin formerly used in Great Britain and worth five shillings.
- noun: Any one of several coins, such as the koruna, the krona, or the krone, having a name that means "crown.”
- noun: The top or highest part of the head.
- noun: The head itself.
- noun: The top or upper part of a hat.
- noun: The highest point or summit.
- noun: The highest, primary, or most valuable part, attribute, or state: considered the rare Turkish stamp the crown of their collection.
- noun: Dentistry The part of a tooth that is covered by enamel and projects beyond the gum line.
- noun: Dentistry An artificial substitute for the natural crown of a tooth.
- noun: Nautical The lowest part of an anchor, where the arms are joined to the shank.
- noun: Architecture The highest portion of an arch, including the keystone.
- noun: Botany The upper part of a tree, which includes the branches and leaves.
- noun: Botany The part of a plant, usually at ground level, where the stem and roots merge.
- noun: Botany The persistent, mostly underground base of a perennial herb.
- noun: Botany See
- noun: The crest of an animal, especially of a bird.
- noun: The portion of a cut gem above the girdle.
- verb-transitive: To put a crown or garland on the head of.
- verb-transitive: To invest with regal power; enthrone.
- verb-transitive: To confer honor, dignity, or reward upon.
- verb-transitive: To surmount or be the highest part of.
- verb-transitive: To form the crown, top, or chief ornament of.
- verb-transitive: To bring to completion or successful conclusion; consummate: crowned the event with a lavish reception.
- verb-transitive: Dentistry To put a crown on (a tooth).
- verb-transitive: Games To make (a piece in checkers that has reached the last row) into a king by placing another piece upon it.
- verb-transitive: Informal To hit on the head.
- verb-intransitive: To reach a stage in labor when a large segment of the fetal scalp is visible at the vaginal orifice. Used of a fetus.