Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: The usual food and drink of a person or animal.
- noun: A regulated selection of foods, as for medical reasons or cosmetic weight loss.
- noun: Something used, enjoyed, or provided regularly: subsisted on a diet of detective novels during his vacation.
- adjective: Of or relating to a food regimen designed to promote weight loss in a person or an animal: the diet industry.
- adjective: Having fewer calories.
- adjective: Sweetened with a noncaloric sugar substitute.
- adjective: Designed to reduce or suppress the appetite: diet pills; diet drugs.
- verb-intransitive: To eat and drink according to a regulated system, especially so as to lose weight or control a medical condition.
- verb-transitive: To regulate or prescribe food and drink for.
- noun: A national or local legislative assembly in certain countries, such as Japan.
- noun: A formal general assembly of the princes or estates of the Holy Roman Empire.