Anglų - Lietuvių žodynas
Kompiuterinis žodynas internete nemokamai
Žodžio paaiškinimas anglų kalba:
- noun: Something spent to attain a goal or accomplish a purpose: an expense of time and energy on the project.
- noun: A loss for the sake of something gained; a sacrifice: achieved speed at the expense of accuracy.
- noun: An expenditure of money; a cost: an improvement that was well worth the expense; a trip with all expenses paid.
- noun: Charges incurred by an employee in the performance of work: was reimbursed for her travel expenses.
- noun: Informal Money allotted for payment of such charges.
- noun: Something requiring the expenditure of money: Redecorating the house will be a considerable expense.
- noun: Archaic The act of expending.
- verb-transitive: To charge with expenses.
- verb-transitive: To write off as an expense.
- idiom: at (one's) expense To one's detriment or chagrin: telling jokes at my expense.